Friday, May 10, 2013





Jeez, looks like this is probably going to be a lot more work than I thought it was. In any case, I think if we're going to be friends, you need to understand something about me: I have an affinity for pastiche that I can't really explain. That's why I love Alan Moore's Supreme (or part of why, at least), and why I have so much affection for Big Bang Comics. 


Again, I have no idea why this could be, though I think it's kind of weird for me to care about why I enjoy something. The closest I can come up with is like this: There are tons of great Superman stories that will never be told with Superman, but could be told with Ultiman, or Supreme, or the Samaritan, or Hyperion.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've always felt like I should LIKE pastiche, then never quite connect with it. I've tried a Retro-Comics feature on the SBG, and well, did I even manage two posts? Just couldn't motivate myself to track down those Big Bang comics (for example).

    A case of liking something better on paper than in actual execution (which I realize is also on paper, this being comics).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was almost longer than the post itself, ha.

      I'm probably going to do a larger series on Big Bang (and maybe Supreme); it's cool to hear that I'm into something outside even your scope, no offense.

      Delete
  2. Oh I think I have plenty of blind spots :)

    ReplyDelete